Monday, October 16, 2006

Dear people on the fringe of the technology field*,

If we are having a conversation related to our (mutual**) areas of expertise, it would be helpful to the discussion in general if we implemented a new rule:

If I do not explicitly phrase my statement in the form of a question it is not a question and, therefore, not a request for advice***.

If my tone of voice does rise at the end of the sentence, then I want to know what you think. If if doesn't, it's not that I'm tired of the resulting conversation where you earnestly try to convince me of something I know to be wrong, rather it's going to be a busy month and we could probably save ourselves the time and energy by not getting into those things****.

On behalf of busy geeks everywhere,
Brice

*Such as people who sell video games, run internet cafes, read Slashdot, play video games, LARP, program in VB for a living, or generally believe themselves to be more tech-savvy than they actually are.
**But really, it's only mututal in the sense that we both deal with those pesky little electrons.
***This rule does not apply, of course, if you are Alex Trebek.
****Such as me smacking you so hard that back-issues of X-Men come out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wayfaring Rob said...

"Smacking you so hard that back-issues of X-Men come out" is my new favourite phrase of all time.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Admiral Buckwheat said...

I especially enjoy the specific choice of X-men readers for the target of your scorn Brice. I find X-men enthusiasts truly the 'cream' of the proverbial comicbook enthusiast 'crop'.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home