Friday, January 12, 2007

Dear 80s cartoons,

Is it the primitive animation? Is it the cheesy dialogue? Is it that do-gooder moral at the end? No? It must be the endless shilling for all sorts of toys....I don't know why they don't make them like they used to make you, but it's just as well. I'd never get anything done.

But I swear to you, I can stop anytime I want. I'm going to watch one more episode though. Just one, dammit! I'm not addicted. Oh. One more? Why not. And then I have to look for my pink flying swan and crystal horsies and play.

(Who am I kidding?)

Love,
Leanne

4 Comments:

Blogger DJ Bitterbarn said...

The 80s were a magical time. Although they do occasionally make me want to send my parents a sympathy card for putting up with some of those shows. Not MASK, of course. That show was pure gold. And Thundercats.

And the German-dubbed versions of cartoons make them too bizarre for words.

1:18 PM  
Blogger leanne said...

I think I've hit my saturation point though.

It happened at some point when I realized that JMS, the guy responsible for the pretentious SF geekfest that was Babylon 5 was also responsible for Skeletor saying, "Spoo! I don't want Spoo! I don't like Spoo! I don't even know what Spoo is..."

And then my brain imploded.

1:30 AM  
Blogger DJ Bitterbarn said...

I do not like green eggs and ham.

I do not even know what green eggs and ham is.

Not a literary masterpiece, I'll give him that.

1:45 AM  
Blogger leanne said...

Touche. And that line didn't even have to be crammed in too awkwardly (unlike, say, King Arthur and Jack the Ripper).

But. I first watched the episode twenty odd years ago with Skeletor and the spoo on Beta. I think that's why my brain is refusing to coalesce back into some sort of coherent form.

Beta.

My childhood is over.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home