Dear old men at the gym,
First of all, kudos on your commitment to fitness late in life. Somewhere, Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod are smiling. Now, on to business.
I acknowledge that the gym serves great purpose in your day: first, you get out of the apartment and get to socialize with the gang at the gym. Second, it serves as your shower for the day (or week, in some of your cases). I also acknowledge that at your age, you're pretty comfortable with doing things at your own pace, and also completely comfortable with your body.
However, I'm not so sure that means you should do everything in the locker room naked: shaving, checking your voicemail, having conversations about your sciatica, and pretty much everything else. I have begrudgingly come to accept this behaviour (though if I wanted to see old man balls all the time, I would probably have a subscription to www.oldmanballsworld.com, would I not?)
Now, there's general old man nakedness, and then there's crossing the line. Just in case it's not clear:
Staring at me changing while applying lotion to your body is crossing the line.
Do not ever do that again. Seriously, that's really damn creepy.
Shudder,
Rob
I acknowledge that the gym serves great purpose in your day: first, you get out of the apartment and get to socialize with the gang at the gym. Second, it serves as your shower for the day (or week, in some of your cases). I also acknowledge that at your age, you're pretty comfortable with doing things at your own pace, and also completely comfortable with your body.
However, I'm not so sure that means you should do everything in the locker room naked: shaving, checking your voicemail, having conversations about your sciatica, and pretty much everything else. I have begrudgingly come to accept this behaviour (though if I wanted to see old man balls all the time, I would probably have a subscription to www.oldmanballsworld.com, would I not?)
Now, there's general old man nakedness, and then there's crossing the line. Just in case it's not clear:
Staring at me changing while applying lotion to your body is crossing the line.
Do not ever do that again. Seriously, that's really damn creepy.
Shudder,
Rob

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home