Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Dear Sound Recordist for a show I work on,

Seriously? You do know we need the clap sound to sync sound to film, right? How many times in the past 3 weeks have I made the note "Audio Cuts before Tail Slate, Sync Approx"?

I leave that note not because it's out of sync, but because I want you to get your shit together. The sync actually isn't approximate. I've synced your dailies perfect without the clap because, frankly, I am awesome at my job.

I'm getting sick of cleaning up your messes.

-K

PS. While I've got you here, What's with all the pre-roll in the audio? Is it too hard to roll your machine when they say "Roll Sound"? When you start the recording 4-5 minutes before that, it means I have to wade through 6 minutes of shit before I can find my edit point.

PPS. And why do you not have any mics pointed at the slate? Seriously, two heavy sticks banging together should sound a bit louder than a light cough. I've had to post sync 20% of yesterday's dailies because I cant hear what's going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home