Monday, March 10, 2008

Dear Guitar Hero,

Ok, ok, I owe you an apology. I know I said some pretty nasty things about you (you’re a sham, a fraud, you give people a false sense of talent). Some things I probably shouldn't have said. But, then when I finally buck up and give you a try, you rate me at 95% accuracy on my first try. Clearly you’re the bigger man. I'm sorry I said all those things about you. Truly, you’re an enjoyable piece of software that deserves my respect.

kudos Mr. Guitar Hero,
-Lucas

5 Comments:

Blogger Not Jeremy said...

You know what else is a cool game? Grammar Hero! Or Grammar Hero 2: Spelling Bee.

My personal favourite: Grammar Hero 3: Undergradute English Thesis. I really like that one because it comes with the pedant-o-matic peripheral.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Lucas said...

Sorry about that. I’m aware of my sub-par English skills. I had used OpenOffice to correct my grammar, but I guess I pasted the original into the blog instead of the corrected version.
Unfortunately, some of us were forced to deal with learning disabilities when we were growing up, and didn’t have the opportunity to go to University. Please forgive my undeveloped skills.
Maybe one day they will create an alternative internet that common people can use to communicate. Sure, they’ll be a few grammatical errors here and their, but at least that way we won’t be bringing down the intellectual superiors to our level.

-Lucas

P.S. I think you spelled “Undergraduate” wrong.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Kangarara said...

Ah, the joy of making oneself feel better by putting others down. Who could possible describe such a feeling.

Oh wait, maybe the Germans have something for this. I think they had a number of innovations that are worth exploring, right?

12:53 AM  
Blogger Not Jeremy said...

Yes, it's true--I spelled "Undergraduate" wrong. I like to be able to relate to the common man every now and again. My gosh, how embarrassing!

As for the feeling of joy derived from putting others down, I will describe it now: Warm and pleasant, like a wine enema.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Wayfaring Rob said...

This is my new favourite Dear Blank thread - it combines all of my favourite things - Guitar Hero, pedantry (pedantism? being a jerk?), mockery of others, and, uh... enemas?

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home