Sunday, February 25, 2007

Dear chick in line at Starbucks,

I'm only going to explain this once so listen up:

You roll up and rattle off your order in that crazy Starbucks lingo that makes us all part of the coffee cult. You pay. You move over, you listen to the new jazzy tunes they happen to be playing, and you wait til your cup of happiness is ready. Then you leave.

I don't care that you haven't slept in two days because you are *oh so* stressed about this upcoming middy term. And I certainly do not give a crap about the fact that you have tried every kind of coffee concoction that they make and you now want to try something else, but then you dismiss the barrista's every suggestion.

You are impeding on my $5.00 coffee experience.

Bec

3 Comments:

Blogger DJ Bitterbarn said...

I bet she ended up with a crappy coffee-esque beverage* in the end anyway. You were totally within your rights to hit her on the back of the head with a caraffe, steal her wallet, and buy yourself two drinks.

*Note, beverage contains very little to no coffee whatsoever.

4:25 AM  
Blogger Wayfaring Rob said...

I refuse to use words like "grande" and "venti" when ordering coffee. True story. Screw you, Starbucks.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Admiral Buckwheat said...

I concur Rob, words like 'grande' and 'venti' have no place close to any purveyor of finely brewed beverages. I myself have started asking for the Dale Hunter special "I'll get and extra large double double..."

I'm serious. I swear Dale asks for that in Starbucks just to see the sour looks of all of the coffee snobs in the room. I love this friggin guy. So funny.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home